Providence St. Peter-Summit Pacific Rural Family Medicine Program
We are an ACGME-accredited,1-2 rural family medicine residency program, located in Grays Harbor county and affiliated with and established core program, Providence St. Peter Family Medicine Residency Program in nearby Olympia, Washington. Residents receive hands-on, full scope family medicine training, with their continuity clinics (all 3 years) and “home base” in the Wellness Center. The integrated clinical care team includes core Family Physician faculty (including FP-OB), and the team is rounded out with naturopathic physicians, advanced nursing providers (ARNP and DNP), physician assistants, registered dietician, integrated Pharm D, Psychiatry, PT/OT speech therapies, and integrated low barrier MAT walk in clinic. Located on the same campus our high-volume rural Emergency Department, Urgent Care Clinic care for anyone who arrives, including admission to acute care of patients requiring inpatient care in our critical access hospital and stabilization of those requiring transfer.
Physicians are specially trained to lead interprofessional health teams, care for the needs of all patients, and serve the healthcare needs of the rural community. In the rural setting, residents work alongside our community based, experienced Family Medicine faculty as an integral part of an inter-professional health care team to provide care for the culturally diverse, rurally located, and often underserved patient population in Grays Harbor County.
- Unique features of the Providence St. Peter-Summit Pacific Rural Family Medicine program include:
- Opportunities to train longitudinally with specialists in the rural setting, including OB/GYN
- Dermatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, and General Surgery
- Collaboration with rural community health partners for unique patient care integration across settings
- Innovative low barrier substance use disorder clinic and addiction medicine training including Suboxone management
- Full spectrum family medicine training including OB from well-trained family physicians
- Interprofessional team-based care delivery approach in the rural setting with pharmacy, nursing, nutrition, physical therapy, social services, naturopathy, and health administration professionals
- Opportunity for learning a wide spectrum of ambulatory and hospital procedures
- Integration with medical student education to optimize clinical teaching skills
- Options for full spectrum family medicine practice and faculty teaching jobs at Summit Pacific Medical Center post-residency
- The opportunity to live in our community, interface with local leadership enjoy community and outdoor activities with easy access to more urban centers (and the beach!)